SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zensojourner

Dal Tile "bullnose"

Pyewacket
6 years ago

Lately ALL the Daltile "bullnose" at the local Home Despot and Lowes is ... I don't know what it is, but it isn't bullnose.

Instead of full bullnose, the glaze comes to about 1/8th of an inch of the edge of the tile and then just ... STOPS. Leaving a gap of exposed ceramic, sometimes quite rough to the touch and obviously porous.

I don't know what this stuff is, but its not bullnose. I had the guy check at one store to find out if they'd gotten a bunch of faulty tile and he insists this is "normal". Could not explain to me why it isn't full bullnose, just insisted it was "normal". But then these guys don't know what a PEI rating is and think "all tile is good for any use".

Has anybody else seen this stuff out there? This is the 2x6 bullnose ceramic tile.

I'm betting (sadly) it's all PEI 0 and thus not suitable for my purposes anyway - but there's no reason to bother to check because it is NOT BULLNOSE. If they have some alternate method of installing it to cover up that raw edge its still not true bullnose.

There's no way I could use this stuff even if it were the proper PEI rating, but I cannot imagine their thinking here. I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this stuff and can explain to me its purpose/usage/installation method.

Comments (13)