SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
159harryzone8

Latest beheadings and strange happenings... and blooms!!!

159harryzone8
6 years ago

Let's start with my strange monstrosity of an echeveria:

This one's story starts when I had a meally bug infestation at some point last year- this was the original plant and I had quarantined it from my other plants to prevent spread while I tried to get my hands on surgical spirit (it didn't work, quarantining it, by the way!). The only place I could put it was a shelf on the opposite wall to my window, in a small plastic box as it shared a pot with several other echies and I had no spare pots at the time. Therefore, it etoilated very badly, and once I got rid of the meally bugs I beheaded it and rooted the head using water (which was surprisingly quick) and left the stump where it was, cause frankly I had no idea what to do with it. Fastforward about 2 months, and small (and I mean maybe about 5mm small) rosettes start appearing on the old stem. About 3 more months on and this is what we've got. One large rosette and loads of other small rosettes.

Next up: my blooming echie! It's not quite blooming yet, but there's buds

Next up: a weird crown on one of my echies, I believe e. Lola? It's only been around for about a month, and I'm not really sure what's going on-

And now: my propogated babies!!!

The jade prop is from a pretty sad and sickly looking jade at my school library- it was clearly quite old, as the entire thing was stiff and completely covered in bark, and I wasn't even sure that it was gonna do anything, as the leaf in itself was covered at the end by bark as well- but here we are, 6 months later, with the little plantlets literally forcing their way out from the bark!!! I'm really happy to give that old jade new life, cause it was really really really etoliated.

Comments (2)