SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valerie_mccloskey14

Just potted my avacado tree! any advice would be appreciated!

I just potted this avacado tree Ive been growing. The leaves look kind of wired. I think is maybe because I waited to long to put in soil and the roots were crowded but Im not sure. Also I never did any pruning because I dont know how. Nothing I read on google gave me the confidence to so I never did. Im afraid of destroying it. Any advice on if I should prune, when and where on my plant would be great. I did kust plant and there is new growth so I feel like I should leave it alone and let it adjust to pot life.

Also I live in Michigan and want to take my tree outside when the weather is right. I dont want to shock it so should I wait a year or would it be safe once the weather gets consistantly warmer? Also can I pretreat it for insects? I will be bringing it inside so I dont want it bug infested. Whats the best thing to use and how do I use it for best results?

Any advice on these topics would be great and If there is something Im missing or if there are any other tips or tricks you could offer me it would be appreciated!

Comments (10)

Sponsored