SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rpowell70

Help - New Sofa Re-selection ASAP

Ruth
5 years ago

We have an open concept living room to kitchen. Ceilings are 17 feet in height and I have a wall of windows (each window measures 73 1/2 x 64. We purchased a sofa and it arrived to small for our space, so the furniture store is giving us 5 days to re order. I need help on the appropriate size as well as a suggestion with the back cushions. Right now, we have knife edge. I have a choice of box. Wondering if there is an "instyle" difference.

The room measures approx. 13ft. W x 15ft. L and the staircase (opposite of windows) is approx. 10 feet. My carpet is supposed to be 8x10, but when measured, it is barely 7x9. I plan to put a 10 inch wide sofa table at the back of the sofa looking into the room. Along the staircase, we have purchased two barrel style chairs in charcoal grey which have not arrived yet. The ottoman we received arrived much shorter than expected

, so we are trying to figure that out.

The sofa now measures 66Wx88L.

The two options I have for the re order on the sofa is to add a pie wedge corner which will measure approx. 80x125 adding 16 inches into the room, leaving 43 inches of carpet and 66 inches to the staircase. (Will the wedge style be appropriate for the space) OR we can keep the square corner and chair measurements of 66 and add chair to be 113 or 130. The sectional will not be 5 individual pieces. If you look at the table on the right side of the sofa, where the flower vase is goes to 113, the end of the table is 130.

One thing I do hate about this sofa is the high back which kills my view to the outside. My original plan was to purchase the Shelter Sectional at West Elm, measures 83 with chaise x 105.5. The chaise will open the area into the room. This brand sofa is a Craftmaster.

Please help me with the size selection and the back pillow suggestions. All suggestions are welcome and appreciated. My time is running out. The color is Amigo Grey and it's a soft velvet.

Comments (4)