SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
romai

Bosch 24" fridge against wall?

romai
6 years ago

I've purchased a 24" Bosch fridge (500 Series B11CB50SSS) and it will be installed against a partial wall that extends about 3.5" past the fridge. I'm trying to determine if it's OK to have the door open toward the wall. This means the door wouldn't be able to open more than 90 degrees. Anyone have experience with this??

The Bosch site says 'the specifically engineered hidden hinge and reversible doors allow for next to wall placement' but from what I could tell in the showroom it would be tricky to remove the two veggie bins for cleaning if you can only open it 90 degrees. You'd have to remove one of the door shelves, as well as one of the fridge shelves. And it still appears a bit challenging to get the upper bin out.

The sales rep didn't know and was trying to figure it out himself, so said he wouldn't advise it. But given that he didn't seem to know the fridge, I don't know how much to rely on his input. So I'd really like to hear from someone who has this fridge or has installed it. Thx.

Comments (2)