SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gfkkm

Thoughts on our floor plan and elevation?

gfkkm
6 years ago
Laundry room size? Will 6ft wide be enough? No window but a barn door was recommended with a window. I like the idea of a pocket door instead. Thoughts on this? Also, thoughts on adding a transom window along the garage wall to add light.

I want a locker/laundry combined. This area is our messiest. Closing it off just makes sense for us.

Elevation? The front door being butted up close to the garage isn’t working for us. It’s a deep and wide entry which we like for weather protection from snow etc. How else can this be reworked? The front of the house faces north. The single garage peak and far right peak is a 12/12 pitch. The other elevation option has a dormer. Which do you like best? Should I do 3 windows together or separated on the garage? 2 or 3 windows on the far right master closet room? I like the look of 3, but hate to give up closet space? Thoughts? We really like the floor plan, but think we need another elevation option or two.

Does the house look heavy on the garage side? What do you suggest to balance it out?

I’m trying to gather ideas and hoping your critiques will give me direction before talking with the architect again. He’s been great and we trust he will get us there. We just want some outside help and perspective. Thanks!

I’m not interested in whether or not this plan is a modern farmhouse plan or not. Call it whatever you want.

Comments (14)