SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wxcrawler

Temperature forecast for next few weeks

wxcrawler
6 years ago

Hi everyone,

Luckily, I think we are done with the freezing weather. It's about time. However, it looks like what I mentioned in previous posts is going to verify. All indications from both major medium range weather models (GFS, European) show cooler than normal temperatures overall for at least the next 4 weeks for Oklahoma (especially the eastern half). It doesn't mean cool weather every day, but we will continue to have these periodic cool spells that will cause the overall temperatures to be below normal for the period. Luckily, we are at the time of year where we can plant some tender veggies in cooler than normal temperatures. Cooler than normal is warm enough. But, the veggies that like it warmer than tomatoes, like most peppers and cucumber/squash/melons, may continue to struggle to thrive in early May.

One good thing from this is it does not look like we will switch from cool straight into the heat of summer......at least not anytime soon. There are no indications of an extended hot spell, even into early June. In fact, the European 46-day run of their long range ensembles showed a good chance of below normal temperatures for the 46-day period for much of Oklahoma and the Plains/Midwest states. Like I've mentioned before, there just isn't anything in the modelling or the other atmospheric indicators that hint at a big pattern change for the foreseeable future. Wouldn't it be great if we had "cool" weather well into June? I know I'd end up being overrun with tomatoes, which isn't a bad problem. LOL

Lee

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor