SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debz48

Extra wide roller blinds or cellular shades

Deborah
6 years ago

I have a wide window in my bedroom (100") and I've been struggling for a while to come up with a window covering solution. I currently have extra wide custom blackout curtains left over from the previous home owners but I hate the look of them even they are quite effective at blocking out light at night.

Do you think that installing one large blackout roller or cellular shade would look strange? It would only really be closed at night. My thoughts are that I could then just buy some nice curtains to add softness and decor to the sides but I wouldn't have to worry about finding curtains that are big enough to cover the window or with black-out material.

I found a couple websites where I can order shades for a 100" wide window, but I don't think I've ever seen any that big in person. Thoughts? Any have photos of a large shade on a wide window?

PS: I'm not really interested in doing 2 or 3 side by side shades since there isn't a divide between the window panels and there would be a lot more light leakage.

Comment (1)