SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anomoley

Suggestions for front yard please :)

anomoley
6 years ago

First, the basics: We're in 6b, Pacific Northwest (inland); home faces the east side with some south exposure (generally plenty of light, except where blocked by enormous Ponderosa pines... of which we have about 30 on our property, so MANY).

I'm new to gardening, trying to tackle the front yard only this year (about an acre in the front of the home). I'd like to start with the flowerbed right at the front of the driveway (center of photo I'm attaching).

This photo was taken a few summers ago. Since then, the plum tree (center) is gone, as is the flowering bush (no idea what it is). That entire area is empty and barren at the moment (outside of grass).

All of the surrounding shrubs and bushes are still present, as are all the other trees. I'd like to add some color to our landscape, but am having trouble deciding on what will work with the feel of it AND be at least somewhat deer resistant (we have dozens of them all around our property at any time of day/night).

Any thoughts as to which shrubs may work well? I also considered lavender since it's so deer tolerant... but not sure if it would look right in this space. Really, any thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. :)

Here's the photo:

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions