SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Best rabbit and squirrel repellents?

linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I know there are a lot on the market. I’ve tried many of them, but not done what I would call a really scientific comparison. Perhaps there is a site that has one?

I don’t have deer. I see both rabbits and squirrels. A LOT of squirrels due to the !*%$!* non-gardening neighbors that feed them.

Emerging lilies are the chief thing I want to protect. I have a lot invested in lilies. Tulips too, at this time of year. I don't grow vegetables that that are interested in.

Just off the top of my head, without going into the garage to pull out the giant chemicals bin, I’ve used Repels-all and powdered dried blood for solids, several Liquid Fence formulas for liquids.

A couple of people have recommended Plantskyyd GRANULES to me. I bought the liquid after a garden center lecture last year. But don’t recall whether it worked. The Plantskyyd is very pricey and before I try yet another
repellant, I’d like to know if it works.

Please don’t say “get a cat”. I have one, indoor only. After the previous cat inhaled a parasite and ended up having a stroke, I will never let a beloved pet go outdoors again, no matter how much I want the yard patrolled. I will welcome the neighbor’s cats, but they have a lot of work to do and I can’t count on their being around for a full shift. ;)

Thanks for your input.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company