SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merchantaddress

Help disguising plumbing access...wainscoting??

Cindy Smith
6 years ago

Our master and hall bath fuxtures need to be changed out. They are stripped and are difficult to turn, not to mention ugly. He problem is there is no plumbing access. The other problem is to access it, I believe you would have to go through the wall in the living room (both baths are on the other side of the long living room wall where the TV is).

My my husband has thought about making access panels and hiding them with wainscoting, but he was just planning on doing that one wall...would that look dumb??

I just had another though...can you access plumbing appropriately if the access panel is to the side of the plumbing?? i didn’t take pics of bathroom bc I just thought of that possibility. Both bathrooms have the tub to the side of the toilet. Could an access panel be put over he toilet? Then hidden with art or something??

I added some pics of the living room. If accessed from there, it would need to be the long wall that the TV is on. I know the fireplace leaves much to be desired, but I don’t want to spend a whole lot of money due to this is not our forever home.

Thanks in advance!!

Cindy

Comments (16)