SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ivan_turbinca8178679

Japanese garden with overhanging Lilac trees. How do I maintain it?

Ivan Turbinca
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi guys

I am looking at creating a japanese garden and I would like to know your opinion about maintaining a garden that looks like the one below:

set in a space like the one to the left of the patio shown in the picture below.

As you can see there are overhanging lilac trees and there are also some climbing rose (they are small now) meant fill the gaps between my neighbor trees.

At the back in the cornet I have a Shaina Japanese maple and a Coral Bark Japanese Maple their position is switched currently and final. In the picture I was testing to see what they would look like

I like a lot the style of the garden posted above but I am afraid that it will be a maintenance nightmare as leaves, dead flowers will fall from the trees onto my white pebbles or gravel

What to the Japanese gardeners do to deal with these and with the weeds that will find their way through the weed barrier installed under gravel?

Note: this post branched from this one

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/what-would-you-plant-in-the-grey-area-to-the-left-of-my-patio-dsvw-vd~5241879

where I was asking about what I can do to replace the area of grass to the left of the patio which is difficult to maintain (cutting grass always spreads cuttings on the patio which needs to be cleaned with a blower)

Comments (4)

Sponsored