SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
altiptoentx

Thornless Key(Mexican)Lime Tree $12.98, Questions, advice, help.Photos

altiptoentx
6 years ago

I was in a local Home Depot today and happened on this group of small citrus in one gallon pots. I first thought they were shrubs because of the size, I got one of the taler ones which is 24". Meyer lemons, Calamondin oranges, and the Key limes one of which I purchased after a good amount of second guessing. Not having any knowledge whatsoever I had several questions but decided to take a chance on it.( due to the low price and the one year guarantee on their plants). My questions are: there seem to be three trees/stems coming from the roots, is this a good thing or bad? Will this cause issues with the three competing for life in one container. Is there the possibility of separating the three if that was the case, or should I just concentrate on the strongest one. Next, I went a short ways down the trunks and did not notice what I would consider graft unions of any kind on any of the three. Is this a common way to grow smaller trees. Will this present more problems than with a grafted tree. The ones that I presently own were larger and grafted when I got them. The leaves look a bit battered but I've seen worse. The fact that it had fruited swayed my somewhat although it looks as if may lose them it shows promise. After getting it home I removed it from the container and the roots are girdled so it will be getting repotted soon. This is also when I saw a tab pushed into the soil of it stating that it had bee treated with Neonicotinoids for pest control, Good or bad? All input and responses is greatly appreciated. These are photos of the tree/shrub.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH