SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loisparri8

Barn Conversion Landscaping, where do I begin?!

loisparri8
6 years ago

Hi,

Currently in the final stages of building a barn conversion but am looking to start the landscaping in the next few months so it doesn’t look like a building site this summer. It is very old and traditional building with stone walls and many of its original features, so am looking for something that adds to the space’s traditional vibe but with contempary elements.

I am aware the sketches are not very insightfull to the place but I hope it can give some reference to the area and what I am working with. The green circles are old oak trees, there are hedges and labled stone walls, a car for size reference and the house in the middle, lastly some obstructions such as a manhole, boiler and oil tank on a slab of concrete. The nearby field is also a possibility to extend the garden or as a seperate area for some features such as chicken run, vegetable garden and garage or workspace. Currently the ground is a combination of dirt, rubble, grass, overgrowth, and a slate chipping base, will be keeping a lot of the grass, but would like to implement paths and perhaps a more solid ground such as decking or slabs if there’s a sitting area outside. I have also attatched a seperate image as I‘ve tried to show the difference in ground height, darker red is lowest and lighter red is highest, may level the ground or keep it in a variety of levels, either gradual slopes or steps in places. For refernce of light and day the sun sets on the left hand side, also cars come up a drive from the middle top of image.

The only features I have considered to date is a fire pit, parking space, sitting area, flowers and greenery, vegetables and the four chickens. If anyone has any suggestions of what to do in the particular space or any nice features i can look into that would be amazing!

Thanks x

Comments (2)