SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erasmus_gw

Stinkless alfalfa tea

erasmus_gw
6 years ago

This is the first time I've made it so I am not sure if I did it right. I used a 40 gallon Rubbermaid type tub, filled it with water and added alfalfa cubes in proportion to most recipes. I put the lid on loosely. I left it to steep for four days and then added a little soap as a couple of people on the forums said tricontinol is not available to a plant except as an emulsion and that a little soap might create the emulsion. So I put it on my plants today even though it smelled lovely, like fresh green hay. I'm wondering whether the usual stink has anything to do with whether the brew is potent enough. Some say it is anaerobic bacteria.

I wonder if using the tub rather than a trash can might have allowed more surface area on the water and maybe kept it from going anaerobic. Or maybe I didn't brew it long enough in hot enough weather. It is cool here, chilly at night. But the brew looked green so something got into the water. I'm brewing another batch right now. I hope cubes work as well as meal. I kept it simple and didn't add any other ingredients except the soap.

Comments (16)