SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy9207

New house floor plan

6 years ago

Hi there. I have been following this forum for a while and am now at a stage where I can post a preliminary floor plan and ask for comments. This house will be located on 5 acres outside of Nashville and will be on the Cumberland River. The best view is to the southeast so the back of the house will face SE. There won't be young kids living in this house. Our large

extended family will not be living near us, therefore we expect family visits will last several days at a time. This plan is still a work in progress; anything and everything can be changed at this point. A few items that we (DH and myself) have already discussed:

--door into master bathroom needs to swing into the wall, not the vanity

--the guest bedroom layout makes furniture placement problematic; we are probably going to add a couple of feet to this room and I was thinking of re-configuring this area so the bathroom and closet change places

--a couple of feet of the guest bedroom closet will be given up to make a coat closet

--wine cellar is too small

--not sure I am loving the master bathroom layout, but can't put my finger on any specific issue

Please point out glaring issues or bone-headed mistakes we are about to make. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Comments (33)