TV Tuner card for new HP Desktop
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
Related Discussions
Want to get new computer...Desktop or Laptop?
Comments (8)If I were in the market for a new desktop, which I'm not, I would take quick look at the new HP Touch Smart. It comes with a 19" wide screen touchscrren monitor, and is just very, very slick looking. I ran into it at Best Buy earlier tonight and my mouth about dropped open. Also, it's stacked with some hot stuff inside. Take a look at the specs: Processor AMD Turion 64 X 2 Dual Core RL52 with AMD PowerNow and AMD LIVE! Technology Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Memory 2048MB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM memory (expandable to 4GB) Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 graphics with 256MB video memory Hard drive 320GB 7200RPM SATA hard drive Primary CD/DVD drive Slot-loaded SuperMulti Drive DVD burner with LightScribe Technology Secondary CD/DVD drive N/A Memory slots 2 SoDIMM (both occupied), HP Pocket Media drive bay (available) Front-access ports 8-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB , 1 IEEE 1394 (FireWire) port, headphones, S-video, audio (L/R), composite input (analog video/audio) Communications Wireless LAN(802.11a/b/g) with built in WLAN antenna, Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network interface, Sound Integrated audio, 6 speaker configurable and Built in 12W 2.0 speakers Monitor Touch Enabled 19" diagonal BightView LCD with height and tilt adjustment, Aspect Ratio 16.10 Dimensions 18.88(l) x 21.77" (w) x 11.37 (d/h) Web Camera Integrated 1.3 megapixel webcam with built in array microphone Personal Video Recorder NTSC TV Tuner and over the air ATSC high definition television tuner The price is $1799 Here is a link that might be useful: HP Touch Smart...See MoreTime for a new desktop
Comments (19)It's totally a personal decision, but I agree you can easily drop down to a 1tb hard drive and be good unless you are storing large video files. I just bought a new desktop mine has 10 gb ram and 1tb drive with a quad core AMD processor, is an HP and I paid under $500 for it from Staples com. I love it, it came with windows 7 but I qualified for the $14 upgrade to 8 if I want to. I am not planning on it. I plan on adding a second hard drive into the case that I have my Linux on. I know there's still several very good sales at staples if you would consider other than Dell. What ever you do enjoy it. And the monitor should work just fine on any pc. Most do come with wireless built in but I would certainly check out the specs information on any of them. If it mentions b/g/n that pertains to the wireless feature....See MoreNew HP ENVY TouchSmart Notebook questions
Comments (4)SO: my first question is, how do modern folks work without a dvd. So my first question is, do you need a DVD player? Only you can honestly answer that, we each use our computers differently, there being no real right or wrong way. I very rarely use mine. If you download anything from the internet it can simply be installed from the Downloads file. Thumb/flash drives are almost at give away prices for the larger versions now too. Do you have enough data to warrant an external drive or would the external drive be an extravagance in your case. I don't or won't put anything in the clouds, maybe just an odd quirk in my case but....... On the email situation why not create a couple of throw away space based accounts with Yahoo, Live, Hotmail, Gmail or who ever else takes your fancy? I still use POP3 with my MS Office program but have three throw away accounts for when dealing with anyone who is not family or friend because I do not want my main email account cluttered with spam....See Morenew technology ??? a card for my computer will access TV & send
Comments (5)Where does the original TV signal originate from. Is it a broadcast signal, or cable, or satelite. My TV Tuner card has an infrared remote with it but I don't use it. It has a reciever that plugs into the computer. But since it is infrared if I wanted to use it in another room, I would have to get some IR repeaters to send the signal back to the computer. I do this with one of my Dish Network Recievers. I split the output to two TVs in two different rooms. The Dish Network reciever box sits in one room with one TV, and I put an IR repeater system in so the remote can be used in the other room. So just get a TV tuner card that comes with a remote. Pooh Bear Here is a link that might be useful: The IR Repeater That I use...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

DECLUTTERINGEscape the Inheritance Trap: What to Do With Sentimental Pieces
Too meaningful to toss but too hideous, precious or unusual to display? These ideas can help
Full StoryMore Discussions
Steve J