SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlb418

Which kitchen layout? Or something else?

mlb418
6 years ago

Hello all -

We are slowly, slowly, slowly making minute progress with remodeling our kitchen (who knew these things could be so slow??) We have some layout proposals from kitchen places, and I'm really struggling as to which is better. We definitely do not have an ideal space. You can see photos of our current kitchen in this older post of mine: https://www.houzz.com/discussions/help-for-new-kitchen-layout-longtime-lurker-first-time-poster-dsvw-vd~5009087 .

The column that you see in the photos coming out of the peninsula likely cannot be removed. We may be able to make it smaller, but we won't know until we open it up. So you will see it has been incorporated into these designs. The back wall in these drawings is about 17.5 feet wide. The entire room is 26 feet long (see the pictures in the linked post for reference), but also includes our dining area. So the kitchen itself is a small space. The opening you see goes to our family room, and the door you see is the stairs to the basement. Currently, there is a wall that goes from the basement stairs to where the island is, so we are going to be removing a portion of that wall.

Here are the designs

Option 1:

Option 2:

Would really love some thoughts from people who are not me and DH! Thanks!

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert