SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marni_finder

HELP!!!! Looking for advice of any kind to beautify this old exterior

Marni Finder
6 years ago

First off... I love the Houzz site... and I am hoping to pick some of your brains for realistic ideas for my husband and I's new project. We just bought this beauty and the inside is going to need complete overhaul... but what has both of stumped is the exterior!! It is located on a busy intersection which makes me feel like more than ever... it needs a beautiful or inviting exterior. We want to keep the budget a little more on the low end... but if there are a few bigger ticket item fixes... we'd be open to that. Pictures can help you visualize that the mansard roof makes it tricky to build on ... and the front door is so ugly and uninviting... The previous owners used a hodgepodge of decor that really clutters it up ... like the oriental bridge and wood siding above the windows with an american eagle over one and .... did I mention ROCKS??!! There are rocks everywhere.... and some patchy spots of grass. I have no idea how I will mow this this summer... there isn't too much rhyme or reason to the rock array in front of the home. Our first instincts was to take down the 7 bags of fake flowers that were strewn throughout the front yard... and to declutter it a bit by getting rid of the small white fence rails.... and possibly even paint the brick exterior.... We will be replacing the windows, too. I'd really love some ideas on how to make this front entrance look better ... and ideas on the rock conglomeration in the front yard. PLEASE HELP US!!!!!! This is our dream home by the way... but we are a long way from making it shine.....

Comments (32)