SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_909157119

Any advice would be appreciated! Exterior paint / Stone porch

Dennis Lin
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello All!

First off, thank you for any replies or advice i get!

So im remodeling the outside of the house, Please see photo. I had all the shrubbery and plants removed as i will be doing landscaping next.

Currently, I have new windows coming in with a 2 inch trim all around. The biggest window in the front will be a large picture window. House trim (Fascia boards) will be painted white, and the roof will probably stay that red for another 6-7 years until i NEED to reroof (I would like to go dark grey or onyx black)

I need help choosing an exterior paint color - I feel like grey is the safe way to go - But i PERSONALLY dont want to go that route, Not a huge fan of anything with yellow either.

I was thinking a dark navy blue, something in the "white" family - Or last option would be something in the grey family.

This also ties into my front porch options - I was going to go with a light stack stone on the steps and also add in a light POST for the front light - And add another post to support the patio - Both posts and pillar will be wrapped in the gray stack stone

With all that being said... any suggestions of exterior house color?! I would like something that will stay up to trend for the next 10 years or so... Again, grey would be my last option.. i do like neutral colors... Something that could match with my red roof now.. and the darker oynx black roof later.

Thank you!

EDIT: im also open to ALL advice! - Railings, paint, light fixtures etc etc etc - I do plan adding planters and more landscaping later in the future - Putting up two lights in the front of the house - on the outer side of both windows

Comments (46)