SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinswfl

suggestions for a sans propagation mix, please

robinswfl
6 years ago

I live in Florida, where Sansevieria trifasciata are considered invasive if planted in the ground, and indeed, that's pretty accurate. I was taking my evening walk and saw that someone had a bunch of long Sans leaves cut and bundled for the yard waste pick up tomorrow. Didn't want to look like I was rifling through someone's trash, but....(since I sort of WAS), I did manage to take away 3 long and lovely leaves to try to propagate.

I know the basic rules: 1) don't water until there are roots or signs of growth; 2) when cutting Sans leaves, the "tops" go upward and the "bottoms" go downward nto the mix. But -- I could use suggestions about what medium to put them in. In the past, I have had some luck with a blend of Surface and Manno Pro (go figure, eh?) -- but not stupendous luck. Hence, I'm considering other "mixes." What's available to me is: C/S soil, perlite, pumice, Manno Pro poultry grit, and Surface. Any suggestions about the perfect blend, since a growing season is just around the corner? Many thanks!

Comments (13)