SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

Is anyone getting spring out there yet?

Mine is bolting like crazy. I know my spring looks a lot different from you guys and many of you are still fighting the possibility of more snow. My Big boys are really making a push this year. This is a bittersweet joy since the Agave is monocarpic. All this growth since 3/10

You can practically hear it growing.

We had 4" of rain last night and thick fog this morning. It is getting lost in the fog.

Other big boys. My Yucca faxoniana and (smaller) Yucca treculeana , oh and the cross vine. That is one plant. MUCH more well behaved than the dreaded trumpet vine.

The brambly stuff( mimosa borealis) in front of the yucca should burst into pink blooms soon. I hope the big guys are still around.

Of course one can't have spring in texas without a few Blue bonnets. I have a love hate relationship with them because they spread rot into a cactus garden. They, 2 wet years and 2 cold winters have emptied many cactus out. Also some weeds hover under them . People say that rattlesnakes like them too. I always think of that when people aretheir baby pictures in the thick stands of them. My damianita will be bursting in couple of days so I'll be back

Show me your springs.

Comments (12)