SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arkansas_girl

Beauty related money saving ideas: share yours

arkansas girl
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Today when I was removing my eye makeup, I thought someone else may find my frugal idea helpful. I like to use a bi-liquid type remover like Neutrogena's eye makeup remover, I cannot use any oils, I've tried but they irritate my eyes. My tip is to save a TON of product by not using a cotton ball to absorb a half a bottle of the remover but rather, I use my makeup remover cloth such as Pond's, that I'm already using to take off my makeup, to dribble just a tiny amount of remover onto the cloth and use that to remove my eye makeup, works great. You can even cut them in half if you only use them for your eyes! Another item I have discovered to use to remove eye makeup is to buy yardage of 100% cotton flannel fabric, wash it and dry it and then cut it into approximately 3" X 3" little pieces and that works WAY better than a moisture hungry cotton ball, you only need a few drops on the flannel fabric, I do throws these away after use, I don't bother washing them...it's CHEAP. Another tip for liquid eye makeup remover is to reuse your expensive eye makeup remover bottles that brands like Mary Kay's remover comes in because they have a handy top that only allows drops to come out. I just remove that top and pour in my Neutrogena product into that Mary Kay bottle. I've also heard that Target's brand of generic remover works great, just like Neutrogena's does.

What are your ideas to be frugal that are cosmetic/beauty/bath/hair etc. related?

Comments (73)