Houzz Logo Print
wreed99

Architectural Designs Plan Number 52269WM

FloridaMango
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Expanded Farmhouse

Hi everyone,

Long-time Houzz lurker but first time posting. I would like some opinions good and bad on this house plan. We are in the process of picking a stock plan with plans to build in the next 6-9 months. We have a three acre piece of property adjoining family land that we plan to build on. Some background, we have two school-aged twin girls with no plans for more children. My husband and I are big into hobbies so we each want a separate hobby room. We live in the South so outdoor space is important to us. We are not in the market for an architect, it's something we've discussed but decided against due to finding a number of stock plans that we feel fit our needs. This plan keeps coming out on the top of our list.

A few things I would change:

- Make the downstairs bathroom into a powder room, use the space where the tub is to extend the master bath linen closet.

- Remove the island in the kitchen, extend the wall from the edge of the kitchen to be even with the wall behind the refrigerator. Add cabinets/counters to this new wall creating a u-shaped kitchen.

- Add windows to the other exterior wall in the master bedroom

- No basement stairs, make that a closet

- Add an exterior door into the garage

- Not crazy about the window to the master bedroom w/c overlooking the front porch, but not sure how to eliminate/change that without disrupting the symmetry of the house.

- We would use built-in closet organizers with shelving to eliminate any hanging rods around corners.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this plan, I'm sure we've overlooked things that might be problematic.

Comments (9)