SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrchicago

Window treatments for bungalow stained glass windows?

Jamie F.
6 years ago

We're looking for the right window treatment to cover the bottom half of our three front windows in our 1920s bungalow (photo attached). The top half of the windows is stained glass; we want occasional coverage for the bottom half of the windows (i.e., at night) for privacy. We're looking for the best option that will have the least impact on the look of the windows. We're considering these Simple Fit Pop In Shades, to avoid drilling in the wood window frames: https://www.blindsgalore.com/simple-fit/filter?size=28.75x31.25. 

My questions:

1) Since we only want coverage on the bottom half, should we get regular blinds and install the blinds in the middle of the window (i.e., at the top of the bottom window) and just pull them down over the bottom half when needed, or should we get top-down/bottom-up blinds and install them at the very top of the whole window, knowing that we would use the top-down/bottom up feature to just cover the bottom half?

In other words, would it look funny to have the blinds installed at the midway point? Would the mounting look better at the very top of the whole window frame?

2) Any other options we should consider?

Thanks for your ideas!

Jamie

Comments (5)