SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tim_purdie

advice; picture arrangement

Tim Purdie
6 years ago
I have a wall that is 23’ long with a linear fireplace on one wall that I’m building vignettes of interest. I have the left end ‘done’ and now I’m working on options for the right. The dilemma here is what size art work to go above a sideboard. I have three options to consider; I am open to suggestions about if the largest piece which is fairly unique (Framed Rorschach originals) may be too tall height wise), the other two pieces are about the same size but the orientation is landscape for the reproduction print of Times Square/building picture, and the abstract Australian Aboriginal piece is an original that I made myself. I have the opposing wall that is a blank slate too that I could put the art on, or completely different pieces (I have a fairly interesting concept to run what is essentially a 12 foot long x 3” tall thin piece of wood painted bright red (based on a famous piece from MOMA) that sort of looks like a shelf but is “art”. Opinions welcome. (Ignore the pink towel on the chair for the dog :-), that won’t stay).

Comments (37)