SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dayna_robins

PNW Front Yard Design Help!

Dayna Robins
6 years ago

Hello all! I having been mulling over ways to make the entry to our home a little more interesting and inviting. The remaining 5 acres with gardens, lawn and trails is gorgeous, but some how the previous owners didn't put time into the front. We do not have the funds to do anything extensive at this time, so was thinking I would create a large bed to the right of the walkway that fills the corner near the entryway and comes out into the lawn. The hedges that run along the foundation are pretty boring, however do nicely cover the foundation, so also thinking might add a small bed along the front with some more interesting planting at a lower height than the hedges. Would most importantly like to hide the very ugly utility boxes. Perhaps a trellis or lattice? The rock to the left is a french drain so the most I can do there is something in containers. A lot of ideas floating

around in my head but can't quite envision what would look best.

We are in the Seattle area at about 500ft elevation. This area of the yard gets a lot of morning sun but shade most of the afternoon.

Thank you for any thoughts or ideas! Also, anyone know of a landscape design software I can download to do a mock up of a design?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths