SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pallavi_dhar

Console table or not ? Left or right ?

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello experts,

I am seeking some advice on how to decorate my rather narrow hallway. Attached are some pictures of the space I have, the white shoe storage bench I ordered, the narrow hallway table I am unable to find and some ideas I can use.

Ideally we should have the console on the opposite side of where the door opens, but in my case, I feel that would make the hallway a bit conjusted. There is also a depression/corner on the RHS which is 95 cms long and 35 cms deep, where presently I have my peace lily. I was thinking of keeping a small hall table there with a mirror above it and just have some wall art/family photos on the LHS wall . Later on I could just add a runner and a pendant light and brighten up the space a bit. I already ordered a storage bench for where my shoe rack is presently so I cannot add another bench. Does this sound right ? Or would the small table on RHS look contrived ( already have a bench there ) and I should have it on the other side only ?

2. Or may be I can just ditch the console table and have floating display shelves on one side and a mirror and shelf on another ? As attached.

3. Whats the best material and style for a console table ( if I were to go with one ) . Should I go for the industrial one or regular wood or marble ?

4. Should the hallway table match the other furniture in the house in terms of color or style or legs ?

Appreciate all suggestions.

Thanks heaps.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012