SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anoukq

seeking window film that doesn't block light but provides privacy? ROP

anoukq
6 years ago

I have a kitchen that is very dark. I have one large window, but it is about five feet away from a neighboring building that is three stories tall: basically, an alley view PLUS a neighbor :(.

I currently have your generic, ugly blinds up (I rent); would like to put up decorative tiers (or even better, narrow glass shelving across it with succulents or colored vases, but that's another project).

But I definitely need some window film to provide privacy if I remove the blinds. I'm looking for window film that will provide as much privacy as possible, but also allow in natural light and HOPEFULLY appear transparent or as close to it as possible. I've seen mirrored films and others, but am unclear on the technology or what I should look for.

Also, being wide, a door-sized film would be ideal, so there is no "repeat." And yes, I'm on a budget... :(.

If anyone can provide specifics on a specific brand/item, what I should look for in a window film to provide maximum light but also maximum privacy, and any other advice, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Comments (22)