SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

I Love Turkey Vultures!

catherinet
6 years ago

I love these birds. They clean things up. They are quiet and mannerly. My husband and I ate a restaurant in a small town near our rural home last night. On the way through a side street through the town, we saw about 15 turkey vultures in a tree. It was still pretty early.......maybe 6p.m. I guess they were getting ready to roost for the night. It was strange seeing so many together in town.

We have a big creek meandering through our property. One year the lower portion of the property flooded. Many small animals must have died because the vultures spent a lot of time around here. And then around 7p.m., they would begin to congregate in a big fir tree close to the house. We could watch them from our deck. They roosted there for about a week, and then moved on. They must have cleaned up everything there was to clean up. What beautiful, useful, big creatures. I was able to catch a picture of them during that time, one morning while they were sunning themselves in the yard. Love those guys!

Comments (3)