SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bailey183913

Traditional dining room in 1928 home needs ...

bailey183913
6 years ago

Longtime lurker, sometimes poster here on GW. I need some guidance for my dining room. The house was built in 1928, we bought and moved it (over 200 miles) this past summer, and recently painted all interior walls white (among many other renovations)

I was kind of shocked when I reviewed the pictures I had taken for this post- in person the room doesn't feel so austere, white and empty. But I see that it does need some color and softness. As you can see there is lots of wood (floor, trim, doors, hutch, china cabinet, table and chairs).

Gardenweb Posts · More Info

I'm planning to revamp/decorate the adjoining living room with a dark blue or navy color scheme, so I think it will influence some of the dining room choices. (Living room furniture will change slightly, not all shown in pic below)

This is my china collection, Blossom Time by Royal Albert. I don't think that I want any more pink in this room, nor do I think it is color that would work on a larger scale.

I know that I need:

-Curtains

-Recover seat cushions

-Probably a rug

But I don't know how to pull it all together. My housekeeping/design style is more sparse/tidy than fussy and over-decorated.

Comments (6)