SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_47017541

Any Hoya experts here?

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi, I recently purchased A small Hoya carnosa 3 weeks ago & the Seller graciously sent me a rather large one instead. I ended up changing out the soil (fear of gnats) and used the same nursery pot it arrived in (5”). It seems to be doing well and I just fertilized it with foliage pro this week. I’m really new to hoyas and have some questions if anyone would be so kind-

1. i noticed this week one stem end is dark with a pinky shade next to it. Is this normal? is it over fertilized? I don’t know if it happened before or after I fertilized it - but it did just happen recently.

2. The plant is almost spilling out of the 5” pot. Is this ok or should I move it to a larger planter even though I just changed out the soil a couple weeks ago?

3. What are those roots on the stems? Is that where leaves will grow? Or do they stay empty?

4. If I cut to propagate- all the discussions say to cut a 4-6” part with several leaves...can I cut any of the vines? Most have such a long empty stem I would need to cut up higher to geT leaves...

Attaching a few pictures, of the pink stem and a long one to show the size. (Its dark though).

Thank you so much!!!

Also- I posted this on both houseplant and Hoya board - should i Only post on one?

Comments (11)

Sponsored