SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linaria_z7_ch

White NoID rose, single, update

linaria_gw
6 years ago

Hi there

as the pics were spread on two threads, I thought I make a fresh start

delayed by holidays it took some time till I could ask the present owner of the NoID about some details.

it grows in a mild part of Switzerland

---

she got the plant from a garden enthusiast who walked out of some fancy garden in Scotland with a cutting in her closed umbrella.

here are some pics, the plant in this pic is about 3 years old,she said she pruned it very little so far

close up of the flowers

foliage (the foliage stayed pretty much on the plant, till a strong wind and frost took down quite a lot of the leaves, but some are still attached right now)

hips

flowers single, white, with a mild, pleasant scent (not strong)

it flowers once, pretty late, at the beginning of July!! (shrub roses or species roses like Rosa hugonis start flowering here in late April, the others follow in May/June)

canes are roughly 6-10 feet long, she described the rose as "quite well behaved", thin canes and quite a lot of thorns,

root easily when touching the ground

someone posted a link of "Weisse Immensee" which is a Wichuriana-hybrid from 1982. Can`t tell whether it is too recent to be an exact fit/hit,

but the healthy foliage, mild scent and flower shape seem to fit quite well.

Now, my question to the experts:

is late flowering, as late as beginning of July, typicall for Wichurianas?

or does it point to another group?

--

the present owner, another garden enthusiast, said something like: don`t you hate to have a plant which you can just call plant, cause you don`t know the details ;-)

and she actually had a garden diary at hand from last season where she could look up the exact date when the white NoID started flowering!! (I always meant to myself but...)

thanks a bundle

bye, Lin

Comments (2)