SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anthony_chung6

Leaf drop and yellow leaves. Suggestions please.

Anthony C
6 years ago

Good day!

I am here to ask for some suggestions with my Calamondin.

About 3 months ago, I re-potted in some Pro-Mix cactus mix. I noticed that the growth was stunted and it was taking a long time in-between watering. Turns out I was having early symptoms of root rot.

I have since re-potted again in 5 (repti-bark) 1 (pearlite) and 1 (promix) 5 weeks ago. I am trying to let the soil dry out at least 2 inches before each watering but the leaves curl and wilt before then. I have noticed that the leaves no longer have the nice dark green color anymore. They are kind of yellow in-between the veins. Also, I have been recently been loosing a lot of leaves on the lower branches near the trunk.

Feed: Miracle-gro all purpose 24-8-16 at 50% every 4/5 waterings. pH is buffered down to 6 with vinegar (tap water is 7.5). I let at least 30% drain to waste to prevent salt buildup.

Please help me so I do not kill this beautiful tree. Would I be better off skipping the Miracle-gro and feeding regular water? I was also thinking of pruning off most of the fruit buds to conserve energy to repair the root system. Thanks for the amazing help.

Comments (3)