Daycare business tax liability, form, when selling house

jazziegirlie

Sold my house in 2017 that was partly used for ten years as an in home daycare business. Which form do I use for 2017 to pay federal tax on the depreciation credit claimed on form 8829 for those years? (Note.. we Sold house for less than what we paid for it)

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

What does your tax-preparer say?

1 Like Save    
jazziegirlie

She is "Me" for all of my tax preparing (regular.. self employed.. selling of house and thru a divorce) 42years.. I read on this site some years ago that I would have to pay tax on it if I sold my house.. so I have come back here to post my question.. but will continue to research in case I don't get a correct answer

Save    
sushipup1

Check the form for report the sale of a residence, and I think that's where you find the part on dealing with properties that have been depreciated for business purposes.

1 Like Save    
jazziegirlie

Thank you.. I will look at that!

Save    
randy41_1

i think you need form 4797

Save     Thanked by jazziegirlie

Related Stories

Most Popular Building Permits: When a Permit Is Required and When It's Not
In this article, the first in a series exploring permit processes and requirements, learn why and when you might need one
Full Story
Life 15 Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Real Estate Agent
Here’s what you should find out before selecting an agent to sell your home
Full Story
Most Popular Fix It or Not? What to Ask When Prepping Your Home for Sale
Find out whether a repair is worth making before you put your house on the market
Full Story
Selling Your House How to Work With a House Painter
A professional house painter may be your best friend for refreshing rooms. Here's what you need to know to get the best result
Full Story
Moving How to Style Your Home for an Open House
Our room-by-room overview explains how to make your home more appealing to potential buyers
Full Story
Most Popular A Moving Diary: Lessons From Selling My Home
After 79 days of home cleaning, staging and — at last — selling, a mom comes away with a top must-do for her next abode
Full Story
Most Popular 7 Must-Dos on the Day You Show Your House
Don’t risk losing buyers because of little things you overlook. Check these off your list before you open the front door
Full Story
Your First House 7 Things to Do Before You Move Into a New House
Get life in a new house off to a great start with fresh paint and switch plates, new locks, a deep cleaning — and something on those windows
Full Story
Life True Confessions of a House Stalker
Letting go when a new owner dares to change a beloved house's look can be downright difficult. Has this ever happened to you?
Full Story
Pristine Acres is committed to offering the highest-quality, most professional landscape design/installation... Read More