SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alex_strucel

Need help with countertops - Silestone Lagoon

Alex Evink
6 years ago

We are remodeling a house and I need some advice on what to do with the kitchen. I have looked at thousands of pictures and was thinking white cabinets, dark espresso island with white countertops and dark bronze fixtures/hardware. I have looked at backsplashes and I love the brick backsplashes with a little whitewash. This was the look I had in my head -- but my fiance and I looked at quartz yesterday and he did not like the clean white quartz I was going for (although liked all the pictures of kitchens I had showed him in white). He preferred Silestone Lagoon Quartz in suede finish and I loved it so we agreed on that. The sales rep even said he felt like too much white looked "sterile". Now looking at pictures online it looks very grey in a lot of pictures and I am now wondering if that will not look good with the bronze fixtures/hardware and the backsplash I had in mind. Should I change the whole look I was going for and not have the bronze, and select more grey in the backsplash? Our cabinets are already selected- timberlake painted linen

with espresso island. Attached is a picture of the slab. Any advice is appreciated.

Comments (7)