SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jayceeach

Monstera adansonii - is this disease?

Jaycee
6 years ago

I've had this monstera adansonii for over a year now, and about 6 months into owning it, it started to develop yellow spots on its leaves. Since then, I have tried everything to try to fix the problem, but still it persists.

I'm pretty sure I'm not overwatering the plant. I use the dowel in the soil method, and if anything, I think I let the plant dry out too much between waterings (could this be the problem?). I'm also confident this isn't a watering issue because the leaves in question have stayed on the plant this whole time, i.e. they have been spotted like this for over 6 months and there's no browning or rotting to be seen anywhere on the plant or the leaves. I would assume that if it was a watering issue, the vine would have either died and/or shed these leaves by now. I also had a peek at the roots and they look plump and not withered and dead.

The yellowing is specific to certain vines, which is why I don't think it's a light issue either. My assumption being that if it were an issue with lighting, the whole plant would be affected.

Any ideas? Could it be nutrition deficiency? Disease?

Comments (6)