SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamreb91

Should I be worried about my new mango tree (Herbert)?

Rebekah Navarro
6 years ago

Hello,

A co-worker bought me this small (young) mango tree from our local Lowe's Home Improvement store around August or September of last year.

I water it every few days and has done pretty good it seems until recently. Is it normal for the leaves to start looking like that? It's like something is eating them or something. It started happening when it got colder (so around Novemberish). I heard it doesn't like the really cold nights so I bring it into the house every night any time between 6pm and 10pm. Then before I leave for work (around 3:45 AM) I bring it back outside, so it doesn't seem like it could be from freezing...

I live in Oakley, CA if that matters. The spot that you see Herbert in the pictures is not where he sits during the majority of the day. I take him into the backyard where there is dirt...I don't know if that matters either but thought I would mention it.

Any other information I can provide to help me help him that would be helpful, I will provide to the best of my ability.

Thank you for looking!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting