SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seamama75

Does this marble countertop work with this floor?

seamama75
6 years ago
Demo of master bath is beginning this week and I still haven’t decided on a counter top surface!! I have (rather reluctantly) thought I would be using quartz of some sort but I just do not love any of it. I’ve spent countless hours looking a million samples, hours wandering the slab warehouses, too many Houzz photos to count and I am never excited about any of the quartz. love real marble and know about all of its pitfalls. This is a master bath. I decided to go slab shopping again on Saturday and found this Crystal White. It is 2 cm polished. How would this look with a honed Calacatta hex floor? Walnut cabs will be slightly lighter than the sample door in the pic below. Was planning to do 3 cm quartz (Silestone Statuario is the closest I have been to a decision but it just looks so man made to me and I don’t love it nearly as much as real marble )House is very traditional and I am really trying hard to make timeless, safe choices. I don’t want anything that’s going to compete with the floor too much so I have looking for something very subtle or, in the case if this crystal white, no veining. Would love to hear what you all have to say about this 2 cm polished Crystal White vs any quartz (open to suggestions!) Thanks!!!

Comments (18)