SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Anyone ever have a root canal?

sleeperblues
6 years ago

My dental woes are quite the saga. I have a bridge on either side of my front teeth with a tooth attached since I was born without those teeth. Before I got the permanent teeth, I had a "flipper". Got them placed in 1991 when I lived in a large city. So in November of 2016 I told my dentist I think the left bridge is starting to go bad an it bothers me at times. He totally blew me off, told me to rub sensodyne on it when it hurt. I didn't appreciate his attitude, but the sensodyne trick worked for over a year. In December I went to a different dentist, who thought I was putting pressure on it and made me a 500.00 night guard and filed down my teeth so my bite didn't hit my bridge. He said the bridge was fine. Pain continued, almost unbearable at times but at most 30 minutes in duration. Third dentist, yesterday, found the bridge to be fine but the canine next to the bridge had a dead nerve. So off to have a root canal today. The good news is the bridge is fine and the root canal will only cost 1000.00 as opposed to thousands to replace the bridge. I just want to be pain free!! And be able to eat again.

What can I expect? Hopefully no pain afterwards.

Comments (29)