SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terezosa

"Boots and Bowties" centerpieces

I thought that I'd share the centerpieces that we came up with this year for the annual charity dinner for which I am the decorating committee chairperson. The theme was "Boots and Bowties". We bought boots from the thrift store, and I painted them turquoise, to go with peacock feathers that we had in storage from a previous year. Then we collected weeds, some of which we spray painted and some we applied glitter to. Before Christmas Costco had this fabulous ribbon in a peacock design.

Comments (19)

• bpath
    6 years ago

Those are wonderful, terriks! I love the golden-and-turquoise combo, a nice switch from silver with turquoise. And the napkins, were those your doing, too? I hope the cat owners among the guests got to bring home the peacock feathers :)

(next time you need weeds, stop by my yard in June, plenty of dandelions to be had.)

terezosa / terriks thanked bpath
  • Joaniepoanie
    6 years ago

Very clever....looks great! I can never get my bows to look that good.

terezosa / terriks thanked Joaniepoanie
  • bpath
    6 years ago

I just noticed, the napkins are shaped like bow ties. Clever!

terezosa / terriks thanked bpath
  • Olychick
    6 years ago

Beautiful and very creative. I hope it's a tremendous success for your charity.

terezosa / terriks thanked Olychick
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    6 years ago

so cute! I hope it went well, Terriks

terezosa / terriks thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Bourbon Milkshake
    6 years ago

Fabulous and fun and looks right at home in the room, too! Hope your event is a great success and agree that cats surely would enjoy the contents in the boots!

terezosa / terriks thanked Bourbon Milkshake
  • Annie Deighnaugh
    6 years ago

Well done!

terezosa / terriks thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • rubyclaire
    6 years ago

So creative and fun!

terezosa / terriks thanked rubyclaire
  • hhireno
    6 years ago

What a clever idea and it looks great. Are you already thinking about next year’s theme or do you get a break before ramping up the creativity again?

terezosa / terriks thanked hhireno
  • OutsidePlaying
    6 years ago

Those look great, and it was a great idea!

terezosa / terriks thanked OutsidePlaying
  • User
    6 years ago

Nice. When our town had a gala, I was on the steering committee and remember making centerpieces very well. You did a good job!

terezosa / terriks thanked User
  • DYH
    6 years ago

Very creative, colorful! Wow!

terezosa / terriks thanked DYH
  • bossyvossy
    6 years ago

So Texan, muy bueno!

terezosa / terriks thanked bossyvossy
  • terezosa / terriks
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Unfortunately, I don't get to pick the theme. Last year I was out of town when the theme was chosen, and it definitely wasn't my first pick, but sometimes it's more fun when the theme is more challenging for me. I keep suggesting "Feelin' Groovy" as a theme, but it hasn't happened yet.

It was really fun creating a centerpiece mostly out of weeds!

I'm hopeless when making ribbon bows, so one of the other committee members made those, but I spent most of Thursday fashioning 275 napkins into bowties!

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    6 years ago

Oh, how fun! Those centerpieces came together beautifully!

terezosa / terriks thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
  • smhinnb
    6 years ago

Those are great! Love the turquoise with gold.

terezosa / terriks thanked smhinnb
  • robo (z6a)
    6 years ago

Clever and fun! You must have gotten a lot of compliments! Love the prairie look of the plants and they are well arranged.

terezosa / terriks thanked robo (z6a)
  • Yayagal
    6 years ago

Well done!