SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolbrandywine

Color matching appliances and cabinets

Kendrah
6 years ago

We want our cabinets, Blue Star 30" range, and our under cabinet Vent A Hood all to match the Ben Moore color on our walls. Our cabinet maker can do anything, Blue Star says they can custom color match, but our appliance vendor told us that Vent A Hood doesn't do custom colors. I looked online, Vent A Hood's website says they do, so I asked our appliance vendor. She talked to them and told me: "I don't recommend a Vent A Hood because they told me that they cannot guarantee a color match even if they use the same RAL #."

I like the idea of a Vent A Hood because they are supposed to be very quiet, powerful, and well made. Also, a painted Blue Star hood costs $2,500, which seems absurdly expensive to me.

Can someone explain to me what a RAL# is, why Blue Star can match it, our cabinet makers can match it, but Vent A Hood cannot? Is it that none of them really can make this guarantee but Vent A Hood is just being more explicit about it? I wonder too if my cabinetmaker could paint a Vent A Hood for us. It would at least match the cabinets if not the range. Any thoughts?

Note, this picture was my inspiration for having the hood painted to match the range.

Lincoln Square Family Kitchen · More Info

This pic is my inspiration for a Blue Star range in a white shade with white knobs.

Montgomery Kitchen and Master Bath Remodel · More Info

Comments (8)