SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dave_tisdale78

Small Dining Space Balance and Decor

Dave Tisdale
6 years ago

Please help with balance and decor in my small dining area. It is a kitchen dining space combination. The dining area is also a walk-through to other areas in my home. The room seems very disjointed and unbalanced to me. This space has an 8' ceiling. The longer wall behind my table is 13' long. The width of the space is 10'3". There is a space of 3' between the table's edge and the long wall. There is 3' between the shorter edge of the table and the opening to the family room. There is a 4'5" space between the backs of the kitchen counter stools and the table's edge. The buffet does not fit between the table and the longer wall or on the shorter wall. I plan to keep the table and don't want to paint the woodwork. Any other changes to furniture and decor are okay. I prefer an uncluttered light space with a more modern country feel. The room seems very old-fashioned and boring. I like a neutral palette with lots of texture and very small pops of color. Suggestions with pics would be greatly appreciated as I have difficulty visualizing anything. Thank you!

View From Kitchen (A bedroom hall runs off the right side of the dining area)

View From Living Room Looking Into Family Room

View From Family Room Looking Into Living Room

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022