SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaittasa

Beginner worried about new plants

jaittasa
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I received my first live plants a couple of days ago, 12 different types of haworthias. It took them almost a month to arrive after the order was shipped, so they were in pretty rough shape when they finally got here. I immediately potted the plants into some cactus and succulent soil with lots of perlite and some clay pebbles on the bottom of the pots. The pots are 8cm and made of plastic with lots of holes on the bottom, they're made for tiny seedlings.

I sat the pots in water and let the soil get wet, I'm not sure if I should've done that or not. It was just my instinct that suffering plants need water as first aid. The soil is already completely dry two days after the watering and the plants are looking worse than before. I've been trying to find info on whether to water the soil again or not, but there's a lot of conflicting info online. Will unhealthy plants make roots in dry soil?

Also, how much light should I give the plants, they're currently under a 4x55w 6500K fluorescent lights and have a 20cm fan moving the air around them.

Help would be appreciated.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County