SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily_jenkins8976876

Is my calamondin tree sick?

Emily Jenkins
6 years ago

I live in zone 5b and I got the already 2 year old calamondin tree off of Amazon from brighter blooms nursery last April, 2017. Back in the summer, my sister’s dog took the plant out of the container and I think ripped out some of the roots. Soon after that it started to flower and then the buds fell off. I recently, like back in early October, cut off a few branches below the grafting line. Then I forgot to water it for about a month but I currently water it about once every week or every other week. I have it in a south facing window. I just added a cup and a half on top of fertilizer. I’m not sure what kind of fertilizer I am supposed to use but I’ve never fertilized itbefore. I used Dr.Earth natural wonder organic fruit tree fertilizer. It says 5-5-2. Didn’t I use too much fertilizer and didn’t I apply it correctly? I just put it on top and then watered it. The water was also crystal clear when I watered it which Is unusual. It’s usually light brown. I water it with Chicago water from the tap. It has one branch that is sticking out longer than the others and the leaves on that one are a lighter green with a yellow vein. Some of the leaves have single little black specks and others are split down the center. Then the branches hat I cut off have little nuns that are green but turning black on the end.

Comments (2)