SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
setthestage

Input on preliminary plan

Shelby
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We got preliminary plans back and while it hits all our wants, needs, and the look we want, I’d still love to get your input on it to consider!

I have yet to look at the kitchen in much depth so I’m sure I’ll rearrange it a bit from how it is here.

I’m going to tell the architect I’d prefer the dining table could be centered on the window/entry and see if it’s possible without a huge chain reaction.

We also love the idea of a cupola but now that I see the rooflines I am not liking where It lands right in front of the entry. So I’m thinking we should consider a shed dormer instead unless anyone has any ideas?

The main room we plan to vault, except we may drop the kitchen ceiling down to a flat 9’ (10‘?) ceiling.

A little background: this will be north facing on 60 acres with a great view to the back. We have two young children and want one or two more depending on the day you ask. We run a business from our home thus the office. My husband is also a fireman and sleeps in the day some, thus the back entrance to the master. We love to entertain but never have overnight guests (our famlies live very close). This will be a very, very long term house for us.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!