Can I make baked potatoes in a Nesco?
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Applejack for baking? Can I make a substitute?
Comments (4)Apple jack around here is simply hard cider, or scrumpy with no further efforts at increasing the alcoholic level. You can buy hard cider at any package store, or many markets who carry alcoholic drinks. I guess apple brandy is sometimes called Apple Jack too, saw that when I googled it, but that's a new one on me. It doesn't make any difference how you raise the proof in the end run, it accomplishes the same thing and if I were going to look for the closest equivalent it would be apple brandy....See MoreCan I make baked potatoes at a lower heat?
Comments (11)I like them any way, whether wrapped or not, greased or not, baked at any temperature, it's all good. Oh, and Renee, at the restaurant we "slammed" them on the counter too. While they were still wrapped in foil, of course, then cut a slit in the foil and "pop" 'em open. Annie...See MoreCan I bake a meatloaf in a dish in a 6 qt Nesco roaster oven?
Comments (8)Thanks linda and plllog! LOL pilllog! Learned that! Was even thinking in the future of getting those special gloves....they might work better than 2 big potholders. The meatloaf tastes good........but I think I ground the meat too fine for this. I've gotten in the habit of grinding chuck roasts myself, so we're eating from 1 cow at a time, and not 100. Anyhow........I ground this last batch fine and it was a little too fine for meatloaf. And when I would bake it in the big stove/oven, I would use a rectangular casserole dish. As soon as it was done baking, I would elevate one side of the dish and scoop out all that fat, before it would get reabsorbed. But I totally filled this 1 and 1/2 quart - tall sided, square dish and couldn't do that. I'm sure I'll learn the tricks of cooking with this thing. I'm really glad I got the small one and the large one....See MoreHow do I make corn on the cob in a Nesco roaster?
Comments (7)I've never done that, but I've made baked potatoes in the Nesco, as well as green beans with ham and various roasts from chicken to venison. I think I'd put the rack in the bottom, add some water, stack the corn on the rack and let it steam. How long depends on how you like your corn, I like mine just barely cooked. If you stack it really high you might have to rearrange so the ones in the middle are top/bottom. Good luck, I think it's a really good idea. Remember, the Nesco is really an oven, so if you can bake it in the oven, (400F for 30 minutes, BTW), you can bake it in the Nesco. I've also seen some recipes that call for steaming the corn while still in the husks. Cut off the tassels/tops, but leave enough husk to cover the ear of corn. Steam at 350F for 30 minutes, then let it cool slightly and husk it, or let everyone husk their own. This might be OK if the meal is outside, otherwise I think it's going to be cumbersome and messy.... Have fun! Annie...See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: What Can I Do About My Neighbors’ Trash Cans?
If you’re tired of staring at unsightly garbage way before pickup day, it’s time to have some tough conversations
Full Story
SMALL SPACESHow Portability Can Make You Happier at Home
Downsizing your stuff and going for maximum mobility can actually make your home feel bigger and your life feel fuller
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Design: Baking Stations Make Cooking More Fun
Get inspired to cook (and simplify holiday prep) with a dedicated space for baking
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMEThe Question That Can Make You Love Your Home More
Change your relationship with your house for the better by focusing on the answer to something designers often ask
Full Story
THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: Can I Put a Remodel Project on Our Wedding Registry?
Find out how to ask guests for less traditional wedding gifts
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESHow the Little Act of Saving Seeds Can Make a Big Difference
This year, grow an heirloom variety in your garden, save the seeds and play a small part in preserving plant diversity
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME12 Very Useful Things I've Learned From Designers
These simple ideas can make life at home more efficient and enjoyable
Full Story
LIFELife: How to Make It Through the Holidays if You’re Grieving
Winter holidays can be hard for those who have lost loved ones, but simple actions and kindnesses can help
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESMake a Cool Block-Printed Coat Rack
Hang fall's hats and scarves on great patterned coat hook you can make for less than $25
Full Story
annie1992