SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbadjones

Need opinion on poor tile job

Don Jones
6 years ago

Well, we have been waiting to have our bathroom redone at a home (not living there currently) and the tile guy finally finished up tonight. We go over to check out the final product and are horrified. I would like opinions please on our next step. Perhaps someone has been in a similar position. We have made a deposit, but have not made the final payment as of yet. He is expecting it tomorrow morning. We have not yet discussed the issues with him. My biggest concern is that the shower drain is sitting below the tiled shower floor which I have never seen.

If you will notice in this photo the tile around the drain and then where the floor tile meets the shower curb. The tile was supposed to wrap around the wall to hide the drywall, but he just put the bullnose on the corner you cannot see and was just going to leave the drywall looking like this.

Not only was the tiling job poor in my opinion, but he apparently cut the backer board inside my house, left all of the garbage lying around and I just feel totally let down, walked around my home where he had no reason to be. Yes, he was the cheapest bid we received and I have learned my lesson on this now. The photos of his work looked great and he came recommended from a local reputable builder supply company who supply most probably 80% of the local contractors with their materials. Any CONSTRUCTIVE advice is welcome. Please, I am already upset enough with the issue at hand. I am sorry for the poor photographs. we actually could not step inside the bathroom totally as he said the grout was still curing. Thanks everyone.

This is just one of the photos we have of the condition he left the house in.

In the photo above if you notice the top right hand corner of the framing around the shower niche it has been squared off, where all the other corners are triangular. Not to mention there are some chips where the tile was cut, and there is some poor spacing in the tiling that you cannot see in the photos.

Here is a little closer look at the drain.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional