SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joseph_corlett

Sink Statistics

I took out an ad in a local remodel magazine and it forced me to compile pictures of my last 37 sink change-outs within the last three years or so. I made notes on what was replaced with what and came up with these statistics:

22% of the jobs were switching from a 50/50 stainless steel sink to a single bowl stainless steel sink; all undermounted. If you throw in all the enameled sinks and drop-ins, 56% of the sinks I installed were single bowl stainless steel.

2 jobs switched from 50/50 stainless steel to single bowl quartz, (1) switched from 50/50 stainless steel to 60/40 quartz, and (2) switched from 50/50 drop-in enamel to 50/50 quartz, So nearly 14% converted to quartz.

1 customer switched from a 50/50 enameled drop-in to 50/50 copper; one from a 50/50 enameled drop-in to a single bowl copper.

I installed no enamel sinks. 37% of the sinks I replaced were enamel.

3 jobs were solid surface sinks replaced with a 60/40 Karran Edge series and (2) single bowl Edge; all stainless steel. That's not counting the Edge in my house.

I almost replaced a stainless with a fireclay, but the lady purchased the wrong sink.

7 jobs, or nearly 14%, were replaced with 50/50 sinks. Single bowl replacements were 3 times as many.

So what have we learned?

1. No one wants an enameled sink.

2. Stainless steel remains the dominant material in sink replacement; single bowl the dominant style.

I'm hoping this information is useful for kitchen designers or maybe it'll settle some argument between couples as to which sink will be vindicated when they go to sell their home. If you've got any questions that you think my stats may answer, fire away, please.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz