SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 12 - 2 - 17 : 2, continue

User
6 years ago

In December 2012, the U.S. 9th district court granted a temporary injunction to the Japanese whalers that ordered the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society U.S.A. to not approach within 500 yards of the whaling vessels.
Paul Watson

Domestic house cats kill more fish than all the world's seals put together.
Paul Watson

Japan is a bully nation that takes what it wants and threatens any who oppose it.
Paul Watson

I experienced the California Northridge Earthquake of 1994 and the eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980, and I have thus seen firsthand how terrible and awesomely devastating a force of nature can be.
Paul Watson

The environmental movement doesn't have many deserters and has a high level of recruitment. Eventually, there will be open war.
Paul Watson

People feel good about giving money to Greenpeace.
Paul Watson

There are many who condemn my crew and I for taking the law into our own hands and for taking on the barons of corporate profit.
Paul Watson

Greenpeace has a fast ship that could stop the whalers cold.
Paul Watson

All revolutions are violent revolutions.
Paul Watson

Nobody has ever been hurt by the actions of ships I have been on.
Paul Watson

Usually, environmental programs are not designed for a mainstream audience.
Paul Watson

The seal hunt has made me ashamed to be a Canadian.
Paul Watson

No words can describe the personal liberation that heading seaward bestows upon me. In this aquatic realm, no man or woman is subject to the petty decrees of social bureaucracy.
Paul Watson

I find it abhorrent to see a whale being slaughtered and do nothing but bear witness.
Paul Watson

People say I manipulate the media. Well, duh. We live in a media culture, so why on earth wouldn't I?
Paul Watson

As long as there is a Southern Ocean whale sanctuary, Sea Shepherd crew will continue to patrol and defend it.
Paul Watson

We need to stop flying, stop driving cars and jetting around on marine recreational vehicles.
Paul Watson

Nobody can legitimately claim to be a marine ecologist and conservationist while continuing to eat fish. It is the ultimate form of hypocrisy.
Paul Watson

Dutch prisons are probably the most civilized you're going to find anywhere in the world.
Paul Watson

The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society recognizes that the deaths of four sealers is a tragedy, but Sea Shepherd also recognizes that the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of seal pups is an even greater tragedy.
Paul Watson

Documentaries make a difference.
Paul Watson

Every fish in the ocean is in danger.
Paul Watson

That's the thing with celebrities: the media can't ignore them.
Paul Watson

When I hear so-called professional journalists ask why we have celebrities speak for us and for the animals, the environment or social causes, I marvel at their denial of the rules of their own trade.
Paul Watson

I don't have a religion, but I respect them.
Paul Watson

It's a war, I think, to save the planet, really, from ourselves.
Paul Watson

I've won some awards. 'Time' magazine designated me as one of the environmental heroes of the 20th century. Oh, and I've got some honorary citizenships, like from the Conch Republic of the Florida Keys. But the one thing I am proud of is I didn't get the Chevron environmental award. Never did get that one.
Paul Watson

Here's the thing: Nobody gets extradited for a crime where nobody's been hurt, where no property's been damaged.
Paul Watson

You will not ever perceive the truth that is reality. There are many realities.
Paul Watson

In Ecuador, if I go after an Ecuadoran, I'm in trouble; if I go after a Costa Rican, I'm a hero.
Paul Watson

There are quite a few disgruntled Greenpeacers who are opposed to its policy of non-cooperation.
Paul Watson

I was doing a talk show in Vancouver, and somebody called in a bomb threat to protest my violence, which I thought was pretty strange. We had to evacuate.
Paul Watson

I'm never horrible to anybody. My problem, and you can ask any of my friends, is that I'm too nice to everybody.
Paul Watson

My grandfather carried me around on his shoulders at 85.
Paul Watson

I'm not really a fugitive.
Paul Watson

Canada I don't trust. The Canadian government hates me more than the Japanese.
Paul Watson

I want to stay in the ocean. I'm not going to be able to do that from some holding cell in Japan.
Paul Watson

The sealing industry is dying.
Paul Watson

I'm not interested in culture; I'm interested in the law.
Paul Watson

Russian subs are a bargain at $60,000. Unfortunately, none of the dials or instructions are in English.
Paul Watson

Putting Zodiacs in front of whaling vessels doesn't do it anymore. Done that, been there, seen that.
Paul Watson

I don't think you really have to retire from what you do.
Paul Watson

The film 'The Cove' made people aware of the Japanese slaughter of whales.
Paul Watson

Spermaceti oil is valued for its high resistance to heat, and thus it is used in machinery where there is excessive heat.
Paul Watson

Way back in October 2007, I had urged thousands of Australians to vote for Kevin Rudd and Peter Garrett's Labor Party. Why? Because they promised to get tough on illegal Japanese whaling.
Paul Watson

In 1993, I chased Cuban and Spanish drag trawlers off the Grand Banks off of Newfoundland. And it cost them $35 million in losses.
Paul Watson

In Africa, the rangers shoot poachers.
Paul Watson

Ecoterrorism is terrorism against the environment.
Paul Watson

I have known Farley Mowat all of my life, from reading his books as a child to becoming a close friend of his over the last three decades.
Paul Watson

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions